Starting from 1 April, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has implemented cash-less payments.
That means, to comply with the new rules, Emirates can no longer accept cash payments in Nigerian Naira. This applies to all their retail outlets and at the bank.
However, to pay for your flights, you can choose from a range of electronic payment options instead.
How do I pay without using cash?
- Make an instant and secure online payment with international credit or debit cards
- Make an instant payment using your local Nigerian debit or prepaid cards (Verve)
- Pay later through any Interswitch payment option*:
- Quickteller website (using your local debit cards)
- The Quickteller app on mobile devices (using your local debit cards)
- The Quickteller option at the bank ATM (using your local debit cards)
- PayDirect – pay at any of your bank branches using an internal bank transfer, cheque or draft
- Quickteller bill payment – from your internet banking platform to Quickteller using a bank token (select Emirates as the recipient)
If your booking is on hold and you’ve chosen to pay later, you can only pay through their Interswitch payment options. This is the easiest way and it means you can receive your tickets instantly.
If you’re booking your flights through any of their retail or airport outlets, you can pay using these methods:
- Card machines at the retail outlet (use your debit card)
- Credit card
- Cheques (Citi Bank only) **
- Bank drafts (conditions apply)**
- Internet banking transfers to Emirates Citi Bank Account (NIPS)***
There is no restriction on dollar cash payments, so you can pay in cash using US dollars.