The Africa Report, published by Groupe Jeune Afrique, is looking for a digital editor.
We cover the continent’s fast-accelerating economies, and its dynamic politics: our challenge is to be more timely, but also more in depth.
As our publication evolves to a digital-first platform, adding daily analysis and production to our award-winning print edition, we need an editor with an eye to transitions.
The post will have a substantial managerial and administrative component. The digital edition will be targeted predominantly at business readers and specialised professionals.
- Edit and organise the daily production of the web platform, written and audio.
- Direct editorial marketing to help best promote The Africa Report content, from home page management to social media platforms.
- Liaise with writers, other The Africa Report editors, publishers, photographers, and production staff
- Help in the phasing of the next steps in the digital transition
- Contribute to the execution and planning of big editorial projects, including print features, and helping to manage their use on the web before and after publication.
- Work on wider print/digital content interaction.
- Setting up and meeting the key performance indicators of the website in liaison with the digital team.
The candidate will ideally have writing, editing and commissioning experience at a reputable newspaper, magazine or digital publication.
They should be enthusiastic, good communicators, able to generate ideas on a daily basis, and keen to help the team on a range of tasks big and small. They should have a wide network of writers at hand, and/or the drive to grow one, both correspondents and opinion columnists.
The candidate will speak native English, possess some command of French. A language from the continent would be a plus.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent journalistic judgement
- Flair for storytelling and argumentation
- Must be well-informed and read widely
Please send a CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org