VIDEO: Highlights from the 7th ASFA edition as Jidenna, Ozwald Boateng get honoured
This year’s Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards is themed ‘The Starz’. The awards had Africa’s biggest red-carpet event at the 7th edition that highlighted the Theme “THE STARZ”. It was another opportunity for every attendee to let the Star in them shine whence the event. They are the annual celebration of African fashion with a mission to shine a global spotlight on the African fashion industry. American rapper, singer, songwriter and fashion star, Jidenna staged a mega performance and was honored with the Icon award. British designer Ozwald Boateng was honored with the lifetime achievement award at the awards.
A breath of fresh air to the fashion industry in Uganda and the world is what can be used to describe the Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards (ASFAs) that took place today at Serena Kampala Hotel.
In it’s 7th edition, the glamorous event hosted Africa’s biggest red-carpet event featuring top 100 Starz that have made headline News throughout the year. This cemented the theme for this year that seeks to celebrate the uniqueness in everyone – The Starz.
The awards that were broadcasted on top media channels including Uganda’s leading broadcaster, NTV Uganda, Spark TV and Nigeria’s Spice TV shone the spotlight on the outstanding stars that day.
The talk of the night was Jidenna’s performance. The American rapper, singer and songwriter and fashion star staged his best show yet, leaving everyone amazed. From his award-winning songs like Bambi to Classic Man and to particular he sure stole the show and left all entertained.
The night was dotted with Ugandan performances from John Blaq, Beenie Gunter, Eddy Wizzy dancing group.
At the glamorous event, in the eyes of many, British fashion designer, Ozwald Boateng, who is credited for infusing a trademark twist on classic British tailoring and bespoke style, received the Lifetime Achievement award.
Speaking at the event; the CEO of Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards. Brian Ahumuza noted that it has been a long 7 year but all worth the while. Brian expressed gratitude to masses that have continuously supported the event but also urged the fashion industry to keep yearning to learn as Ugandan fashion spreads to the continent. He also pledged support to the young fashionistas and designers whenever he can.
The CEO Talent Africa, Uganda’s leading events and Entertainment Company who worked together with the ASFAs to bring a new level of professionalism in event and business management, Aly Allibhai, said that from the start, the new partnership was meant to make the ASFAs the biggest fashion event in Africa. He added; “Talent Africa is very pleased to be a partner of the ASFAS. It’s always our pleasure to make great partnerships in order to bring you the best events Experience. We look forward to the next 2 years as together we build the best red carpet and awards show in Africa”
Joram Muzira was awarded a surprise Star Makers accolade for producing established models to the world.
Here is the full list of the winners in the Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards, African fashion industry stake holders including fashion designers, models, icons, media influencers categories.
Here are the winners of the night.
1. Lifetime Achievement Award – Ozwald Boateng
2. Icon Award – Jidenna
3. Positive Change – Susan Guerts
4. Special Recognition Award for Innovation – Kayiira
5. Fashion Designer of the Year (Uganda)- Kaijuka Abbas
6. Fashion Designer of the Year (Africa)- Ifeanyi Nwune
7. Model of the Year (Uganda)- Aliet Sarah
8. Model of the Year (Africa)- Shanelle Nyasiase
9. Fashion Stylist of the Year (Uganda)- Mavo Kampala
10. Fashion Stylist of the Year (Africa)- Chuck Mbevo
11. Hair Stylist of the Year (Uganda)- Ice Kenny
12. Hair Stylist of the Year (Africa)- Corrine Muthoni
13. Fashion Photographer (Uganda) – Walter Keys
14. Fashion Photographer (Africa) – Andile Mthembu
15. Make Up Artist of the Year (Uganda) – Nayha Glam
16. Make Up Artist of the Year (Africa) – Lavie Makeup
17. Most Stylish Female Artiste (Uganda) – Spice Diana
18. Most Stylish Female Artiste (Africa) – Souhila
19. Most Stylish Male Artiste (Uganda) – Fik Fameica
20. Most Stylish Male Artiste (Africa) – Burna Boy
21. Fashionable Music Video Award(Uganda) – Sunday Allan Tonix, Slick Stuart and Roger
22. Fashionable Music Video Award (Africa) – Pull Up by Bourna
23. Fashion Media Excellence Award – Gloria Haguma(Uganda)
24. Fashion Media Excellence Award (Africa) – Bella Naija
25. Star Maker – Joram Muzira